In Schroder’s Thoughts, AjaxDaily writer Lukas Schroder reviews the last week from the perspective of a somewhat cynical Ajax-fan. New pieces will come out every wednesday.
This will be my last piece of the year. The coming month I will spend on my university-work and getting drunk every now and again. So, in the spirit of New Year’s, I will share with you my new year’s resolutions. Enjoy.
- Bitch less about Ajax
Things are looking up. We are better than we were last year, and this could turn out to be a very successful season. I’m a negative and cynical person, but I want to change that next year.
- Forget all about Nemanja Gudelj
This is going to be a tough one, but once he’s gone, I should stop thinking about him three times a day. Also, I should stop refreshing his Twitter-page to see if he has unblocked me yet (no, so far).
- Never again judge a Daley Sinkgraven by his cover
He is actually a very, very solid left back. I was mistaken, Daley. Can you please forgive me?
- Don’t just say whatever pops into your heat, you f*cking idiot
Last week, I called Kasper Dolberg ‘a little bit autistic’. Absolutely no harm intended, but I got some bad responses. Again, totally unintended, as the remark was intended somewhat playful, but I’ll need to filter these kind of sentences out of my pieces.
- Learn English
I don’t know what’s wrong with it yet, but everyone keeps telling me I suck at it. So, I’ll look into it (or is it in to it? Hell, I don’t know)
- Stop complaining about The Telegraaf
They’re absolute sh*theads. Deal with it, Schroder.
- Try to control the urge to punch Dirk Kuyt in the face
I really liked him at Liverpool. But ever since he put on a Feyenoord-kit again, I just want to slap him in the face. That’s bad. I should control that.
- Make sure we sell Davy Klaassen and Joel Veltman
Cc: Marc Overmars
- Buy some damn competition for Younes
CC: Marc Overmars
- Be grateful for every second we still have Ziyech, Sanchez and Dolberg in the squad. They’ll be gone in no time.
- Look up the phrase ‘frogs in a wheelbarrow’
The Telegraaf uses this analogy to describe the players who are benched by Peter Bosz. I know no-one who has a clue what it means, but they just keep using it. Sh*theads.
Well, that should be enough to keep me busy next year. Thanks for reading my columns and sharing them and bitching about them. Keeps me sharp. Merry Christmas and a happy new year, Ajacieden!